GRMC Alumni Association  
 
 
Home
Photo Gallery
Achievers
Members
The Group
Committee
Message
Contact us
Registration
Update Profile
About Gwalior
 
GRMC Group
 
Gajra Raja Medical College
Gajra Raja Medical College   Gajra Raja Medical College was started by the late Maharaja Jiwaji Rao Scindia to perpetuate the memory of his mother Maharani Gajra Raja. The foundation stone of the college was laid on 21st Nov. 1945 by Lord Wavell, the then Viceroy of India. The college started functioning from the 1st Aug. 1946. The contribution made by Dr. Bhagwat Sahai in giving shape to this institution is unforgettable.
 
Dr. Bhagwat Sahai became the first Principal of the college. The first 1946 batch consisted of 25 students and today 140 undergraduates and 103 postgraduates are admitted every year.
 
Jay Arogya Hospital
It was originally known as “Jayaji Rao Memorial Hospital” was founded in 1893-94 by then Maharaja of Gwalior, H.H. Madhav Rao Scindia and was formally inaugurated in Nov. 1899 by Lord Curzon who was the Viceroy of India.

It was primarily built to accommodate 150 indoor patients.
  Jay Arogya Hospital
 
Kamla Raja Hospital
Kamla Raje Scindia   Its foundation stone was laid in 1941–42 in memory of her Highness Kamla Raja, the elder sister of H.H. Jiwaji Rao scindia.
 
The foundation stone was laid down by her Excellency Marchioness of Linlithgow. The then Prime minister of India Shri Jawahar Lal Nehru formally inaugurated this hospital on 1st Dec 1952. It was built to accommodate 250 indoor patients. At present it has 450 beds.   Kamla Raja Hospital
     
Dr. Bhagwat Sahai Hospital for Neurosurgery & Neurology
Prof. R.S. Dharker was poineer neurosurgen of north India and was instumental at the development of this instutition of Gwalior. Today, this s fully developed neurosurgical Hospital and running Mch. courses.
 
 
 
© 2008-2014, GRMC Alumni, Gwalior, India. All rights reserved. Website by Ubitech Solutions Pvt. Ltd.